Sunday, March 21, 2021

Thoughts and Quotes: Take care of your body. It's the only place you have to live.      Jim Rohn

I'm trying, Jim, I'm trying. I decided to concentrate on eating the rainbow this week.

Monday: White - potatoes; red - tomatoes; green - asparagus; orange or yellow - orange; purple or blue - grapes.



Tuesday: Yellow or orange - orange; purple or blue - grapes. I ate my leftovers with cottage cheese for breakfast.


Green - lettuce and asparagus; red - tomatoes; white - potatoes; purple - minced purple onion.

I used the leftover asparagus, tomatoes, and potatoes from dinner and added lettuce, onion, and bacon; a zesty Italian dressing, and shredded Monterey Jack. It's better to vary your choices but I'm trying to avoid wasting food, plus leftovers save time.


Wednesday: Taco salad; Green - lettuce; red - tomatoes; purple - ripe olives; white - scallions. I use light kidney beans. Cook taco meat according to the directions on the packet; cover the plate with lettuce, make sections of kidney beans, onions, olives, tomatoes, cheese. Mound the taco meat in the middle. 


Then pour salad dressing all over, mix, and sprinkle on crushed tortilla chips. I like a sweet dressing with this. Sounds strange, huh? Catalina is my favorite, or the one you make with tomato soup. I had raspberry vinaigrette, so that's what I used.


I felt I cheated on white, so I made cottage fries from the rest of Monday's potatoes and had breakfast for dinner.


Wednesday: Another taco salad, but with Spanish onion instead of scallions, lemon poppyseed dressing, and added radishes.


Thursday: I finished off the taco meat with nachos. Red, White, Purple. Glad to see the last of that taco meat.


In the evening I ate a tangerine - Orange; and some cold asparagus with mayo - Green. I wasn't really hungry because I had the nachos about 4:30 p.m. after I was a bad girl this morning and had this for brunch. Well, it was cold, and rainy, and gloomy, and I needed comfort food. So there!


Friday: I certainly have had a boring week, but I was eating to live for a change. Too busy to think about food, but trying to eat the rainbow.

I had spaghetti from the freezer for purple (full of ripe olives) and red (tomatoes in the sauce) plus radishes in my salad. Green and white (cauliflower) in my salad. And a yummy yellow grapefruit for a snack. I've had it with the rainbow. I realized that I get more variety when I'm not trying. I probably hit the rainbow most days anyway. I'm too busy right now to think about it.


Tasting: Yay! No rainbow. Lunch out with Bev and Mim at Beth's Bake Shoppe. I had Bacon-Asparagus-Mozzarella Quiche, Chicken-Wild Rice Soup, and Crunchy Cole Slaw.


Bev and Mim had the same, but with Chicken Salad on Croissant instead of Quiche.


Mim and I split a piece of Blueberry Pie and Bev had a couple of Mini-Macarons


They always serve mints with the check.


Thank You: To my kids for my birthday grapefruit, which are the best in the world, and I have my orange-yellow solved for the next few days.


Thank You: To Burt and Linda for my "just because" gift which is the best kind and a total surprise. 

The teapot is stovetop and microwave safe.

 
It came with two blooming flowers. 


Put one in the pot, add hot water, and you have a tea garden, right in your pot. I'm saving one for the next gloomy day to enjoy by myself, and one to show off the next time I have company - if we can ever have company again.


Tasting: Now they tell me! Here's the new Keeter Center menu with photos of everything, including the items I photographed last week. And they have better photos. Click HERE.

Time for Others: Made a couple more St. Patrick's Day cards. Why am I always behind? Must work on procrastination. 



And I forgot to show you my handmade birthday cards last week.

From Jean


From Susan


From Katie Sue - you'll love this cute guy.



And a very special card from Betty, who made her transition in February. Ken found a box of cards she had made, all ready for mailing, and chose this one for me.


I feel very blessed.

Theme Dining and Celebrations Books: The next three books are underway. I haven't even started Lady Lunches, but I have the first three months of invitations and menus for the other two books finished.

January - Black and White Indoor Picnic



February - Bon Appetito



March - I'm Going Green









I forgot that Mardi Gras comes before St. Patrick's Day. Maybe next time; maybe not. I need to work in the yard for a week.

That's all folks!

GET OUT IN THE SUNSHINE

STARE AT THE BLUE SKY

BE BRAVE AND GO TO LUNCH

SHOP FOR YOUR EASTER BONNET

DON'T FORGET TO PUT CRABGRASS PRE-EMERGENT ON YOUR LAWN

EAT YOUR APPLES

AND ORANGES ARE REALLY GOOD RIGHT NOW

REMEMBER TO BE THANKFUL FOR OUR MANY BLESSINGS

PRAY FOR OUR COUNTRY

THANK YOU FOR SHARING MY LIFE









 

1 comment:

  1. What a joy eating the rainbow and such fun thinking about it. I loved the look of the quiche on your meal out, looked so very tasty. Loved the invites and menus for your next book, you are one talented lady.

    ReplyDelete