Sunday, March 7, 2021

A Quick Update

Thoughts and Quotes: Don't stop until you're proud. I found this in a Dove wrapper, and I think it's a perfect motivator.

Teas, Tablescapes, and Theme Dining: All three books are finished. I'm not proud, but I'm stopping. I can't make them any better because most of the photos were taken in the past, and I can't recreate them because most of the dishes are already gone. Besides, I want to move on. The covers aren't blurry on Amazon.


They're all on Amazon, ready to go. They're as good as I can get them. You can find the best way to view them by changing the line size, font size, margins, etc.

But don't buy them. There's a way I can do a promotion by offering a free book for a limited time. When I figure it out, I'll let you know. Then if you want to take a look, you can do it for free. Right now, they're $2.99 each. Amazon tells you the minimum price you can charge, depending on the size of the file. I could have charged $1.99 for the Tea book as it's smaller, but I thought that would look like a come-on and then I upped the price on the other two, so I just made them all $2.99. Amazon has few choices for search prompts, so you have to use the exact title or search under Patsy Bennitt.

Now on to Theme Dining 2, Celebrations, and Lady Lunches.

Oh, and I have the one I used as a guinea pig book, which is kind of fun.

Theme Dining 2: January - Black and White Indoor Picnic is almost finished. I just need to take a photo of the dessert and make a new invitation because of copyright problems. Some applause please for my creative food selections.


Maybe I should embellish this menu?

Celebrations: Table, food, and recipes finished. I'm deciding if I want to do an invitation and a menu. I'm thinking yes. What do you think? Definitely no to party favors.

New Year's Day



Lady Lunches: This is a new idea. These are old-fashioned lunches with a pretty table and scant food. Think 1940's-1960's before we started chowing down. Definitely an invitation and menu. I haven't even started on this book, but this will give you the idea. 

Busy Day Salad Sampler




Tips: First of all, if you have some apples which are getting a little past their prime, make applesauce. It's so easy. 

APPLESAUCE

 4-6 apples, peeled, cored, and chunked

3/4 to 1 cup water, depending on the firmness of the apples

1/2 cup white or packed brown sugar

1/4 tsp cinnamon

1/8 tsp nutmeg

1 Tbs butter

Put the apples and water in a large saucepan on medium high heat.

Cook to boiling point.

Lower heat and simmer, stirring occasionally, 5-10 minutes until apples are tender. Use a potato masher or stick blender, depending on how chunky you want your applesauce.

Add remaining ingredients and heat. Use cinnamon or nutmeg or both.

I usually make my oatmeal with cottage cheese and blueberries or bananas. I had some of this applesauce in the refrigerator, so I just used it instead. It looks like a hot mess, but it tasted really good. I add the cottage cheese for protein; otherwise, I'm hungry within a half hour.


Another tip which I learned from the wife of my ex-boss; add ripe olives to your spaghetti. Gotta work on getting those blue/purple veggie-fruits.


That's all. Now I have to spend some time cleaning the house and the yard. Then back to the books. Time's marching on. 

REMEMBER TO SPRING FORWARD NEXT WEEKEND

BUY A SHAMROCK

START SHOPPING FOR YOUR EASTER OUTFIT

FOR LOCALS, KEETER CENTER IS REOPENING MARCH 15

GRAB SOME RAYS

THANK YOU FOR SHARING MY LIFE















 



1 comment:

  1. You are an inspiration Patsy with all your wonderful books and amazing themes for food.

    ReplyDelete