Tuesday, July 9, 2019

Down, But Not Out 7-9-2019

Thoughts and Quotes: I was complaining that I had no shoes till I met a man who had no feet.    Confucius

I hope you had a wonderful holiday on the 4th with your family and friends. Mine consisted of watching A Capitol Fourth, some e-cards, and this handmade card from Jean (the best I've ever seen).


I have just spent the most miserable week+ of my life. I have shingles. Like Confucius, I'm trying to be grateful, because I had them on my torso and not in my eye - a favorite place for shingles to land.

I've become a clock-watcher - "Can I take another ibuprofren yet?"  If you are diagnosed in the first three days, there's a treatment which helps, but mine broke out midback, right above my (alleged) waist. I thought it was mosquito bites until it got really bumpy and I got a hand mirror and discovered these ugly welts which were turning to blisters. I thought I was having an allergic reaction to the Vitamin B-12 I'd just started. By the time I researched it and talked to the on-line nurse, three days had passed. 

You always hear that only your body ages, not your mind, and it must be true. I keep thinking, "If I had to go through this, I'm glad it happened before I got old." Well, if 81 isn't old, I wonder what is? 

But - my blisters are starting to break or recede or whatever they do, so maybe I'll be over this soon and can finally have my July 4th lunch.

Both Joey and Steg graciously offered to bring whatever I needed, but I've managed without leaving the house since June 29 because dear old Walmart delivered cat food right to my door. Hopefully, I'll be able to go out before I go completely stir crazy. I'm waiting until my blisters have completely gone, because if the liquid touches someone who hasn't had chicken pox or the vaccine, it can cause an outbreak of the chicken pox and maybe a future outbreak of shingles.  I read that spreading it is rare if the blisters are covered when you go out, but what if I touch them (I'm always adjusting my waistband because of them), and then touch a door handle or whatever? Just to be on the safe side, I've quarantined myself. 

If you plan to get the shot, don't wait, because I understand there's a shortage of vaccine. Believe me, you don't want this. Photo coming up. If you're squeamish, hurry past.


Only the bare minimum chores are being handled - kitties, food, hygiene, paying bills. Shingles has other little "gifts" in addition to the immense pain. I've been totally exhausted. But this too shall pass. The sooner, the better.

The Pepper and Pals Report: I'm happy to report that Sweetie Face is still around and growing, so maybe she'll escape whatever takes kittens.





Stormy still can't relax


The Summer Bucket List: Are you working on it? I've had no trouble taking my Sunday nap; watched A Capitol Fourth, and read a light book last week, which is an ebook Cozy Mystery - A Fatal Fall.

I also enjoyed the book Joey's book club read last month. It's so well written, you overlook the fact that the events are pretty unlikely. Some good nature info as well.


I'll be running top speed to catch up, once this "visitor" has left. At least I'll be well rested. 

Sorry I don't have more to share, but I'm sure you understand. And "I am woman - hear me roar". I'll be back. And if you're trying to remember where you heard those lyrics, click HERE. And hopefully, like the song, "If I have to, I can do anything", because I've never trimmed my shrubs, and they're looking very shaggy with no hope for help in sight. Mim trims hers, so maybe I can learn?

GET THAT SHINGLES SHOT

ENJOY THE POOL

EAT LOTS OF GREEN LEAFY VEGGIES

WORK ON YOUR SUMMER BUCKET LIST

STAY HYDRATED


SENDING LOVE TO ALL OF YOU

THANK YOU FOR SHARING MY LIFE











2 comments:

  1. Oh my Sweetheart! Shingles!! Ugh!!! I've heard that's awful stuff! I'm so glad you're finally starting to get on the downhill side of them and healing up. Sending you the biggest hugs and love to feel better. We're trying to knock out our summer bucket list over here. Got several pontoon rides in so far. Yay! Loves ya Auntie! ❤️ xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. So sorry to hear about the shingles, it does look dreadful. My heart goes out to you, sending you a hug and hoping you feel better soon.

    ReplyDelete