Tuesday, November 6, 2018

11-5-2018 Thrifting and More Thrifting

Thoughts and Quotes: To know when you have enough is to be rich. Lao-Tzu

So I guess this means I'm still poor, because I was hunting and gathering this week.


Thrifting: First I went to the thrift store in Nixa (charity shop to you Brits) on Senior Day, so I got 20% off on everything.

Getting rid of some books, so they were 8 cents each


These sweet little condiment dishes for 10 cents each


A piece of Halloween fabric for 20 cents


Stainless flatware for 20 cents each. Iced tea spoons and cocktail forks are hard to find. 


Crafting supplies.  20 cents for the wallpaper border and 80 cents for the cut-outs.


80 cents for a plate I added to my collection. I don't know why I started collecting this pattern, but my stash is growing.


A stool for the kitties to look out the window for 80 cents. Pepper is checking it out.


Tea scarf for 80 cents


80 cents total for all these.


My best buy - 80 cents


And just when I got all this put away, Joey and I went to Goodwill in Ozark, and I bought all this.

A new roll of contact paper and a new roll of pink wrapping paper which is very beautiful and marked Hallmark $5. I paid $1 for each.


Large poinsettia plate $1


Large tray - $2 (needs a little work)


2 tea napkins for 12 cents each


3 Williams and Sonama napkins for 12 cents each. Hope I get July next year for VECC. Guess my theme.


4 of these for 50 cents each. 


4 of these for 12 cents each. I know I don't need them, but it was 75% off yellow tags day.


5 of these for 50 cents each


2 of these for 12 cents each - my best bargain this trip. Take a look HERE and scroll down. One is a water goblet and one is wine. I'm going to use them for phony votive candles.


This beautiful bowl for 50 cents (I envision it filled with strawberries)


Divided plate for 75 cents (I have pinecone dishes, you know)



A small teapot for 75 cents


A satin flower girl basket for 12 cents - yes, I do have a purpose for it. You'll have to wait and see. Sometime in the distant future, but hopefully next year.


6 music CD's for $2.25 total (the Piano by Candlelight is $5.50 for a used one on Amazon)


Top mismarked Extra Small for 87 cents 


Another kitty stool for $3.


And as a bonus, I ended up with a box of new tissue paper for packing my finds.


Tidbits: Saw this while driving. How sweet is this?


Time to Tuck in for Winter: Our leaves have been glorius, but rainy all week and getting cold. Outdoor patio furniture moved to the screened in patio.




From my front window


Looking through the screened patio with the door ajar in back.


The Pepper and Pals Report: Friend Bill cut some holes in the plastic tubs I bought, and now they're redneck kitty houses in the screened patio for the winter. Pepper had to check them out, but he's too fat to go inside.



Theme Dining: I'm knee-deep in holly. I'm calling the final table for the library talk Holly in a Hurry. It's a quick invitation, a simple table, and easy food. So far I have only the invitation and table, but will show all next week.



The glass isn't dirty - it has holly painted on it.


When I originally used this theme, I had nicer dishes and napkins which I embroidered. I gave them to my niece, along with the centerpieces, etc.



I was scraping the bottom of the barrel to come up with this table, because I try not to use items over and over, but I already had a Holly Tablescape and a Holly Tea (the one in the book).

Tablescape



Tea



And I still have these snack sets for a tea luncheon. Guess holly is a popular theme.


BE SURE TO VOTE

STAY WARM

START YOUR CHRISTMAS SHOPPING

WATCH FOR TURKEY SALES

AND CANNED PUMPKIN FOR PIES

AND CRANBERRIES

THANK YOU FOR SHARING MY LIFE













2 comments:

  1. I can't believe your wonderful haul from the charity shops, wow it is all impressive and so cheap.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a fun theme, I really like the holly in a hurry. So fitting for the holidays. Your fall trees are beautiful. We still have some leaves but we had snow yesterday! Gone now. I'm certainly not dreaming of a white Thanksgiving. Hope you have a wonderful weekend!

    ReplyDelete