Sunday, February 6, 2022

Snow and More Snow

Thoughts and QuotesMotivation is what gets you started. Habit is what keeps you going.                  Jim Rohn

So time to get motivated. In the evening, I usually spend some time on YouTube. I find it more entertaining and more educational than TV. I ran across a presentation on Vision Boards. 

I'm well acquainted with Vision Boards, having spent time in real estate with all the motivational guest speakers. I like the idea a lot, but I didn't realize that there's a logical way to create one. Here's the link: Click HERE.

After listening to this presentation, I realized why I've been spinning my wheels. I have too many goals. I'm so scattered, I feel overwhelmed and do nothing.

Now I have two tools. This idea from Friend Linda E:


And my Vision Board. I capitalized it because it's important. Notice "At least do a little" in keeping with the above.


I'm sure you can figure out some of the squares, but at a glance, I know what I need to be doing. I'll tell you the key next week, and also what I've accomplished. I hope you'll find this helpful and make your own board. I'm missing only one thing - I wish my aunt were still alive, because she's the one who gave me "atta girls" to keep me going. I'm going to work on my Future board soon.

Our snow February 2


Our snow on February 3 at noon, and still snowing.


By February 4, it looked like this. And then the sun broke through. Hooray!


But there's hope for a coming spring. I took this photo at Walmart on Monday, January 31. They've already blocked off a portion of the parking lot for the garden department, and you can even see some bags out already.


Thank Yous: To our wonderful Bentwater neighbors. Jill is our secretary of the board, and every year we get a new updated directory of all our Bentwater residents in alphabetical and also street address orders. The cover is always a photo taken in our subdivision.


And to our Snow Heroes Art and Bud - while Bud was using his blower to clear John's driveway, Art was using a shovel on my steps and walk.



After clearing my drive, Bud just kept going. He'll probably only stop when he runs out of gas or nature calls, whichever comes sooner.


Tasting: I can't believe this place is less than a mile from my house, and this was my first visit. It's like stepping back in time - even the prices. You sit wherever you wish, mostly community tables. The specials are posted on the wall. The decor probably hasn't changed in years. Most of the customers know each other, but if you're new, you're accepted immediately as "one of the gang." It's the kind of place where you don't need a book if you're dining alone, because someone will sit down and start talking to you. No fancy-smancy; just home cooking with no frills. I had a cheeseburger and tater tots, and also took photos of the plates near me.

It's called the NLA Cafe. Are you ready for this? NLA stands for Nixa Livestock Auction. It started by serving food to the people who came to the auctions. The cattle are long gone, of course. The restaurant is now smack in the middle of a storage facility with places for individuals like Storage Wars on one side, and boats and RVs on the other side.












I went by Big Al's to drop off a couple of jackets, and the racks were full. With the cold weather, I guess everyone is staying home and clearing out. The plastic bin underneath has hats, gloves, and scarves.


The Sun Worshipers




Tidbits: Some things which might interest you about flying. Click HERE.

Sorry I'm late. Had a disappointing day (nothing major), but I'll tell you about it next time. Tired.

CONSIDER MAKING A VISION BOARD

IF YOU HAVE SNOW, MAKE A SNOWMAN

IT'S HOT CHOCOLATE WEATHER

GO OUT FOR CHINESE TO CELEBRATE THE YEAR OF THE TIGER

EAT YOUR GREENS

AND GET SOME SUN

THANK YOU FOR SHARING MY LIFE















 











No comments:

Post a Comment