Wednesday, May 19, 2021

Tea Light

Thoughts and Quotes: You cannot escape the responsibility of tomorrow by evading it today.  Abraham Lincoln

So I'm going to hurry with this post, because I've been putting off my yardwork, and you'll see why.

Tips: How cute are these? It's a stemmed glass, a shade made from scrapbook paper, and a tealight. I've always wanted some little lamps for the table, but they're electric and how do you manage the cord? If you want to make some, click HERE. There's a template to print on 8-1/2 X 11 paper for the shade. The link is in the article.

I'm going to make the shades first, then take one to Dollar Tree to find the right glass. Obviously, I don't need to go shopping for scrapbook paper.


I've been organizing my Lady Lunch and Afternoon Tea recipes (most were stuffed folders of loose clippings), when I ran across the tea lamp article. It's from Good Housekeeping, 2011. Ten years ago, and it's still available on internet. And I still had the clipping and recipes clear back to 1940! Not kidding. I saved some things my mother-in-law had in her collection and there were several things from Family Circle 1940 and 1941. They were little tear-out extras.

Here's one of them:



Teas and Lady LunchesBoth notebooks are finally finished, and the banker's box is out of the middle of my closet. 


My supervisor was on the job.


 
The tea book is even thicker.


But fewer tabs.


Not all sheets are like this.


Most are like this; some have even more recipes per page.


Time for Enjoyment: If you ever get a chance to attend a performance at Sight and Sound Theater in Branson, Missouri, by all means go. The shows are not the usual touristy shows you would expect. All performances are based on the Bible. I went Saturday, and I was amazed. They're showing Jesus right now, and after seeing it, I'm so sorry I missed Jonah, Joseph, Noah, and others. 

The theater is not down in the hub-bub, but an offramp away, so that access is easy. I love the bulding, and to me looks like it could be from Biblical times.

It's symmetrical, with a left wing identical to the right which I couldn't include in the photo since I was too close.


A fountain out front.


The theme continues inside.


 

Trash cans.


No photos allowed during the performance, but I guarantee it will not disappoint. The sets are incredible, the special effects amazing, the costumes are perfect, the performers are talented, and the animals perfectly trained. There were birds flying across the stage, pigs running across the stage, camels walking across the stage, and sheep, goats, and horses going across the stage and up the aisles. I'll not miss a future performance. Jesus runs through the end of the year, so something to anticipate for 2022.

And then we got to go to lunch and eat dessert. We stopped at Gateway Cafe on Hwy 160, and I forgot photos of the meals (I'm out of practice since Covid), but not the desserts, and everything is made from scratch.

Pecan Pie


Coconut Cream Pie


Italian Cream Cake


Gee, I've missed being a foodie.

Nothing else to report. I just had to finish that recipe mess because I had things scattered all over the family room. But time waits for no man (nor woman) according to Chaucer, so I need to get with it. The pink Lady Lunch table is still just the same, except with more dust. Good thing no one will be eating off the dishes.

PLEASE DO THE NO RAIN DANCE FOR US  WE'RE SOAKED

GET OUT AND HAVE SOME FUN

EAT SALADS

DRINK SOME TEA OR TEA

CALL YOUR MOTHER (OR SOMEONE WHO LOVES YOU)

THANK YOU FOR SHARING MY LIFE



























No comments:

Post a Comment