Thursday, May 13, 2021

Oh, no! More Thrifting

Thoughts and Quotes: Human happiness consists in having what you want, and wanting what you have.   Josh Bullings

Yes, I believe this. My problem is that I want too much, and I have too much. But that doesn't stop me. I went to Lowe's yesterday, and Goodwill is right across the street. The weather was perfect, and I was having so much fun being out of the house, how could I resist? Now I need to show you my finds. Red tag day - Prints, placemats, and plates were half price.

For my niece who loves topiary - $3 each. They're 11" x 23"



Coffee mugs for $1 each - I need tall ones so the coffee doesn't splash out.



Two little vases to go on either side of the one Audell gave me - $1 each.


The one Audell gave me is larger and has more little vases hooked together. I'll use it in the middle with the little ones on the sides. It's sitting in a footed bowl to give some height to the table.


A versatile plate for $2. Perfect for a cake, serving, or under a centerpiece. The ribbon is a bonus.



Pink beads for $2; mine scratches my neck. I don't think they're glass - just don't know.



A Russian doll for $2 in case I ever get around to the International Theme Dinner. I have a few things already. Food would be easy. Hundreds of recipes from all over the world.



New red placemats for 50 cents each. 


Four lunch-size plates for 50 cents each. My blue collection is rather sparse.


And $1 cute little angels for my Lil' Sis.


Tables: This is the table I'm working on for a Lady Lunch. No pink roses. I think they're in short supply because of Mother's Day. I could find two or three in a mixed bouquet, but I want all roses. Maybe by this weekend.





Thank You: To all who called me on Mother's Day. I didn't get a thing done, and I loved it. Seven phone calls - a wonderful day of feeling special. I'm truly blessed.

Got my half tree, three evergreens, and big boxwood removed this week. Dishwasher doctor came and will be back tomorrow with the parts to finish the job. Maybe my garage brick will get fixed next week. Now it's my turn to get busy. I just can't stop organizing and decluttering, and then I go buy more "stuff." What's wrong with this picture?

ENJOY THE SUNSHINE

MORE RAIN ON THE WAY

THANK YOU TO ALL VETERANS AS WE CELEBRATE ARMED FORCES DAY ON SATURDAY

EAT SOME DARK CHOCOLATE

AND LEAFY GREENS

TAKE A WALK

THANK YOU FOR SHARING MY LIFE




No comments:

Post a Comment