Friday, January 1, 2021

Happy New Year

 Thoughts and Quotes: Today is the first day of the rest of your year. Make this year worthwhile. Me

We skimmed through 2020. Perfect sight is 20-20; maybe 2020 was a way to make us see more clearly; to realize how many wonderful everyday blessings we have once those blessings were removed - like meeting friends for lunch, having company over for games, going to the market without a mask and markings to tell you which direction to walk. 

The number 21 was an exciting number. We became of legal age for some things: we could drink, we could vote (history now), we could enter a nightclub. Guess that's why a New York nightclub was called 21.

Perhaps 2021 will be just as significant. We'll be able to entertain, go to church, hug, burn our masks, stand closer than six feet apart. Here's to 2021!!!

                                HAPPY NEW YEAR

Gee, it's been awhile. I'm happy to report that I've been working on my books, and I'm making great progress. Between China virus and books, I haven't much to report, but I do have some good news. Remember little Kylo?

Look at him now, and these pictures are over a month old.



Let's see. What's new? Dishes, of course. Don't you love them?


And I have a new fence. And Audell downsized and sent me her Cluny lace chargers I looked for all over creation and couldn't find. She used them when I visited once, and I fell in love. Here's her table. They're metal and so lovely.

My assistant, Pepper, is still sleeping on the job, but always joins me when I'm working in the office.


Tasting: I actually ate in a restaurant in December. I had some dishes to deliver to Katy, and she knew a place where we could have lunch. The restaurant is called The Wheelhouse, and it's in a hotel called Vib, opened two years ago, and I'd never heard of it. I don't get out much, do I? For those of you who live where I live, it's on the north side of Sunshine, just east of Glenstone. The reception desk is adjacent to the restaurant (both are right when you walk into the lobby); and very open. The receptionist told me that it's modeled after the boutique hotels in Europe and a new chain. Only three. The first is in Turkey, this is the second, and the third is opening soon in Bangkok. Why Springfield, Missouri, of all places?

No problem with social distancing; there were no customers. The tables were for four, so we could sit kitty-korner. The person behind the counter was behind a plexiglas shield, and the server who brought our food was masked. I felt very comfortable eating here.




This isn't all they offer. The menu is on the wall behind the counter.


I had Orange Chicken (not spicy), rice, and salad, and it was really yummy.


Katy had Buffalo Cauliflower, but with Mango Sauce. She's a petite little lady and eats like a bird. I insisted she have some protein and gave her a few strips of chicken, and I still had leftovers to bring home.


Time for Others: I haven't visited with you for so long that I haven't even shown you the handmade Thanksgiving cards I received.

From Jean


And Katie Sue


Not handmade, but a good giggle from Barbara


And my handmade Christmas cards.

Susan


Jean


Katie Sue


Tidbits: We didn't have a white Christmas, but we almost had a white New Years. It was really coming down on Wednesday, and New Year's Eve, we still had a covering in places.


But now, on New Year's Day, there's very little snow, but the trees are getting icy.


I don't mind being in, as I've set myself some big goals for the year.

Thinking Positively: I've made myself a master goal list to fill in each week/month with places to check off accomplishments. If you'd like to join me, here's what it looks like. 

This month’s keyword is

This month’s goals:

The room to deep clean: 

Take photos of everything in the room and save them in an insurance file.

Those who preceded us: Celebrate loved ones’ birthdays by eating their favorite foods on their special days.

_____

 This week’s:

 Timewaster to inspire us:

 Todd Mohr cooking lessons:

 

 

 

 

Travel by computer or TV:

 

Teaching on the web and other:

 

The scent of the week:

 

 

This month’s bucket list:

 

____ Make ham, black-eyed peas, rice, collard greens, and cornbread for New Year’s Day.

 

____ Make a budget.

 

­­­____ Spend a Sunday afternoon in front of the fireplace with a good book.

 

____ Drink hot chocolate with marshmallows (preferably homemade).

 

____ Go to a library and spend time just browsing.

 

____ Make homemade soup and homemade bread for dinner.

 

____ Invite friends and/or family for board games.

 

____ Make a snowy dessert. 

And after it's filled in

JANUARY


This month’s keyword is SNOW.

This month’s goals:

The room to deep clean: Living Room

Take photos of everything in the room and save them in an insurance file.

Those who preceded us: Celebrate loved ones birthdays by eating their favorite foods on their special days.

_____ January 21, Auntie Kack

 

This week’s:

 Timewaster to inspire us: Facebook Tablescape Groups

 Todd Mohr cooking lessons: 

Upscale vs Downscale Cooking: Click HERE.

I Met Two People: Click HERE.

The Key to Cooking: Click HERE.

Travel by computer or TV: Rudy Maxa France - recorded

 Teaching on the web: Maine

 The scent of the week: Citrus: Orange, lemon, lime, grapefruit peels simmered

 

 This month’s bucket list:

 

____ Make ham, black-eyed peas, rice, collard greens, and cornbread for New Year’s Day.

 

____ Make a budget.

 

­­­____ Spend a Sunday afternoon in front of the fireplace with a good book.

 

____ Drink hot chocolate with marshmallows (preferably homemade).

 

____ Go to a library and spend time just browsing.

 

____ Make homemade soup and homemade bread for dinner.

 

____ Invite friends and/or family for board games.

 

____ Make a snowy dessert.


____ Finish Goal List 


Of course, this isn't all my goals. This is just a list to keep me moving. 

 

Then I also have this, which is going to keep me hopping:

Books:

 

____ Publish Tea eBook

 

____ Finish Tablescapes eBook: Proof, Table of Contents, Table List, Cover

 

____ Finish Them Dining 1 eBook:

          Cook: Ranch Chicken, Strawberry Salsa, Strawberry Salad, Rice Pilaf,

          Asparagus, Strawberry Muffins, Lemon Beets, Tangerine Rice,

          Pumpkin Biscuits, Ranch Beans, Grits Casserole

        Insert food photos, Proof, Table of Contents, Recipe List, Cover         

 

____ Theme Dining 2 eBook: Copyright page, Introduction page

         January, Black and White Indoor Picnic

          Redo Invitation

          Decorate Menu

Make White Chocolate Chip Cookies for new photo (buy Blackberry Ice Cream)

         

____ Holiday eBook: Copyright page, Introduction page

          Happy New Year: Make Lemon Custard Pudding Cake for new photo


 ____ Salad eBook: Copyright page, Introduction page

          Salad 1:

          Salad 2:

          Salad 3:

          Salad 4:

 

____ Snack Set eBook: Copyright page, Introduction page

          White plain, snowflakes

 

____  Lady Lunch: Delicate Flowers

The Best Part: I subscribe to a cooking blog called RecipeTinEats, which is hosted by a happy young lady in Australia named Nagi. She has a beautiful furry partner named Dozer, who is a Golden Retriever and one of the sweetest dogs on earth.

This week, she interviewed Dozer, and you can read it HERE.  You'll love it, and you might like her blog. She has some interesting recipes and great photos, including one of Dozer each post.


STAY HEALTHY

STAY WARM

STAY INSIDE

STAY POSITIVE

STAY HAPPY

JUMP INTO 2021 WITH BOTH FEET

DO GREAT THINGS

THANK YOU FOR SHARING MY LIFE



 











1 comment:

  1. Happy New Year, wishing you everything you wish for yourself. Every blessing.

    ReplyDelete