Monday, November 23, 2020

For Cardmakers

Thoughts and Quotes: Imitation is the sincerest form of flattery. . . . Oscar Wilde

A friend complimented me on one of my Thanksgiving card designs. I'm not worthy of compliments, as I simply follow a "blueprint" which some call sketches and I call layouts. 

If you make cards and get stumped for a design someday, you might like to try it. My favorite websites are Freshly Made Sketches and Mojo Monday. Here are some cards made from Freshly Made Sketches:

If you have paper you're sick of, use it to make envelopes.


I liked this design, but square cards need extra postage, so I made eight in the standard size.




It's okay to flip it from landscape to portrait or visa versa.



Here's one from Mojo Monday. You even get a sample with the sketch.





You get the idea. Here are my other cards.








The next time you get "designer's block", try this method. Here's the link to Freshly Made Sketches in order - click HERE. This will take you to Sketch 1 and they're now up to 461. When the link opens, you'll see a place to click on 1-200, 201-400, 401 etc.

For Mojo Monday, click HERE. You can access the sketches by number by scrolling down on the right to Search this Blog and put the number you want in the search box - Mojo XXX. She's up to 550. Or you can just click HERE for lots of sketches in no order.

The Pepper and Pals Report: Pepper's eye didn't heal completely and started getting cloudy again, so we've been back to see the vet; more eye drops; will go back to have it checked on Tuesday.

I have a new addition. He just sort of sidled in and settled down. The other kitties have accepted him, so I have as well. He's really old, probably a Tom, but looks as if his ear is sliced on the edge, so might be neutered. He looks a lot like Stormy, but she has lots of relatives, I'm sure, so who knows? I call him Grandpa. Like the others, he loves the flowerpots.


Time to Freshen Up: My new fence is finished, shrubs trimmed and many removed, plus some trees, house trim doors, gutters, and soffits power washed. Bank account flat. 

A bit of info if you're considering a new fence. They're not responsible for damage to your sprinkler system. This is what my sprinkler people will have to fix next spring before they initialize my system. The fence company did come back and clean up the rocks they dug up. This was the end of a long messy two weeks.





That's all I have for you this time. Last week was workmen everyday for the fence, yard, power washing, plus the plumber to fix my faucets which were all wiggle-wobbly. The company who installed them didn't charge to fix them, as well they shouldn't. He told me, "We usually don't have to put Lock-Tite (or whatever it's called) on these, so I'm not going to fault the original installer." Why don't they just do it anyway, just in case? It's a small matter to make sure and keep customers. It's not the Good Ole Days any longer, folks.

Tidbits: If you've ever thought of having your DNA analyzed, now's a good time. My Ancestry is having a sale through November 27 - unlimited number of kits for $39 each.

HAPPY THANKSGIVING

ENJOY YOUR TURKEY

AND CRANBERRY SAUCE

AND PUMPKIN PIE

THANK YOU FOR SHARING MY LIFE







1 comment:

  1. My dear sweet beautiful and very talented Auntie! I love the cards you do so much!! One of these days I'll get better about going back to making cards. I love the layout ideas you've always shared and that's just the way I will do it. And back to scrapping too.
    I'm so glad you're at least getting a lot of those jobs finally done and out of your way. It seems everything is extra difficult this year. It's just so crummy and I pray things are so much better in 2021.
    Poor Pepper! I hope that eye gets better once and for all. Love the Grandpa kitty. So sweet.
    Love ya and sending best wishes and tons of love for a very Happy Thanksgiving!! 🦃 🍁 ♥️ xoxo

    ReplyDelete