Wednesday, August 26, 2020

I'm Still Here

Thoughts and Quotes: Nothing in the world can take the place of persistence. Talent will not; nothing is more common than unsuccessful men with talent. Genius will not; unrewarded genius is almost a proverb. Education alone will not; the world is full of educated derelicts. Persistence and determination alone is omnipotent. The slogan Press On! has solved and always will solve the problems of the human race.
                                                                          Calvin Coolidge

Okay, Cal, got it. Pressing on - literally. I have to press the blue tablecloth for the photo of tomorrow's soup - Manhattan Clam Chowder. I'm using the Coastal Cuisine dishes, but it will look different. I hate to give these up, but I'm determined to clear out my garage.


I finished four more soups

Potato-Corn Chowder


Ham and Bean


Corn Comfort Soup


Ugly Hambone Soup


I'm working on a Lady Lunch for a possible book next year. Here's the table.




More on this next time. And that's the end of my glads for this year. Still have lots of marigolds, so I should do something for fall, I guess.

Nothing more going on here. Staying home because of the virus. Back to my soup kitchen. We'll talk later.



2 comments:

  1. The soups all look delicious Patsy and the table settings as always are a delight. Glad you are well and coping with this terrible pandemic. Take care.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello Auntie! I love seeing anything you're up to. Life has been busy as always here. But I'll send you a good long email soon. Love the soups and book idea. I swear there's nothing you can't do. You are my hero. 🤗 I will send you an update soon. 😘 ❤️ 💕

    ReplyDelete