Monday, March 11, 2019

3-10-2019, The Good, The Bad, and The Ugly

The Good: I had my 81st birthday on the 10th, and I set a new longevity record for our family, at least as far back as I know, which is great-grandparents. 

I received lots of cards and calls, for which I thank you; two of my besties took me to lunch and brought me goodies; I have another lunch coming up this week with another besty; and a joint celebration with a besty whose birthday is the day before mine, but she's recovering from a knee surgery and still house bound right now. I'm truly blessed.

The Bad: My printer gave me an error message that my ink system had failed. I went through all the procedures for clearing the error, including installing all new cartridges which didn't help - about $50 in ink wasted - and removing the print head to clean it. The good; I discovered that Mr. Clean erasers will remove ink from your hands. Anyway, my new printer should be delivered on the 11th, and I'll be back in business just as soon as my computer guru, Sean Michael, has time to come install it.

The Other Bad: We had some terrific winds on Saturday which messed up my fence, so that one section is at a 45-degree angle now. I have a call in to the fence people, so hopefully that will be handled soon.

The Final Bad: I've looked all over for an MP3 Player which will take the larger memory cards, and they just don't make them anymore. The new micro SD cards are as flimsy as and the size of a false thumbnail. When inserted in the player, they end up flush with the edge because they're spring loaded. You have to carefully push in with your thumbnail, and it you push too hard, when ejected, they go flying through the air and land about three feet away. I have a bazillion 33 rpm records I want to transfer to digital, and I don't want to load them all into the computer and then add properties so I can sort the kind of music I want to hear. If I just use a different card, I can use one for each genre and then just switch the card if I want to change from piano to easy listening, etc. It has been a struggle, but I've resigned myself to the itty-bitty memory cards, and now I have the long tedious job of transferring the music. At least, this way I can just let each side of the record play (and transfer) as one long song instead of stopping the recording after each song and starting it again for the next.

The Ugly: Me. I got mad at Clairol because they changed the shape of the box my hair color came in, and then they changed one part of the mix from liquid to cream. I threw a hissy fit and bought Revlon. Well. . . . .the color on the box is not the same as my hair. I'm now more brunette than blonde, and with my pale skin, I look as if I just finished a long bout of illness.

So that's why I'm late, and why I didn't accomplish anything worthwhile to share. 

I do, however, want to show you the card made by talented friend Jean. Remember in January when I took photos of the pillows at Hobby Lobby, because I thought card makers might like the messages? Well, Jean said that she liked one of them and would use it. She not only used the message, she duplicated the pillow. Don't you love it?



Tales: See if your library has this book. You'll love it. One of the most entertaining books I've ever read.


Tip: I found a way to make tater-tots edible. After you cook them according to the package directions, put them in a fry pan and smash them and cook until crispy.


Tasting: If you ever see one of these trucks, stop for an authentic English pasty. I bought the traditional with steak, potatoes, carrots, and rutabagas. Wonderful crust! One pasty makes two meals. They're really big.



I leave you with this message from Andrea Bocelli - click HERE.

BUY YOUR CORNED BEEF AND CABBAGE FOR ST. PATRICK'S DAY

GET SOME SUN

EXERCISE TO GET RID OF THE SEDENTARY WINTER KINKS

STAY HYDRATED

HUG YOUR LOVED ONES - THE FURRY ONES TOO

THANK YOU FOR SHARING MY LIFE













4 comments:

  1. Oh Dearest AP! I hope you had the best bday ever!! I can't believe I missed it but I just sent you an email explaining - and also letting you know about your goodies on their way ;)

    So sorry to hear about your frustrations with the printer, the winds and the MP3 player. That really stinks!! Ggrrr

    Love your tater tot solution (they look really yummy that way actually) Lol And I love the card that your friend did - so clever and adorable!

    Pasties are one of my Mom's faves - she would love that!! Have an extra blessed week Lovie with lots of treats ;) xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am a great fan of a pasty, yummy! Sorry to read about your issues with your printer but glad all is resolved. The winds are quite damaging here at the moment too. So glad you had a wonderful Birthday, wishing you many more.

    ReplyDelete

  3. Hola pase por tu blog a saludarte me pasaron tu blog.
    Gracias por comportir.
    Besos


    http://anna-historias.blogspot.com/2019/03/tu-palabra.html?m=1

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello Anna and welcome. I hope you'll visit some of my other postings.

      Delete