Wednesday, August 10, 2016

Week 34, August 14, 2016

Thoughts and Quotes:  When I get a little money I buy books; and if any is left I buy food and clothes.  Erasmus

Perhaps we should all do the same and live longer.  Take a look.

And then go out and walk barefoot in the grass or along the beach.  You can add more time to your life.  Check it out.

Tidying:  I'm doing lots of that since Pepper arrived.  I think he's trying to dig through his litter box to make a tunnel for his escape. He digs and digs until it's all over the place. Friend Joey has nicknamed him "El Chapo".


I finished the carpet in the little half-bath off the laundry room which used to be Tiki's bathroom and which Pepper saturated with smelly urine his first night here.  I got him a giant-sized potty box to use there, so now we wait until he discovers it.  Hopefully he'll start using it soon, so I can take up the one in my dressing area.  

He comes out more now, and I find him sleeping here and there, but he prefers to be under something.                                                 

He thought it would be nice to thank Dr. Hardy, so I helped him make a card.



Tidying Again:  In case you missed the comment from Blogger Carrie, I'm going to repeat it here, because it sounds like a wonderful idea.  Here's what she wrote:

Another thing you can do for your carpets is use a little essential oil in your baking soda. It's my favorite carpet refresher on a regular basis! I put some baking soda (about a cup) in a baggie and add about 8 to 10 drops of one kind, or several, of essential oil(s). I love using lavendar and lemon. Then mix the baking soda by squishing the baggie and the oil gets worked in. I put the baking soda in a little mason jar with a shaker lid and sprinkle some on the carpet whenever I'm going to vacuum. It's an all natural (safe for kids and pets) carpet refresher! 

Tales:  I thought this book would never get off the ground, but finally became a very enjoyable read.  Good insight into the class system in Great Britain before WWI. Things have certainly changed in the last hundred years.



Thank Yous:  To Friend Katie Sue who bought these precious snack sets for me.



And to Friend Mim who brought me presents from her trip to Massachusetts.  First, the perfect coasters to go with the snack sets (unknown to her - just serendipity).

  
And she also brought me a dish towel and pot holder.  C'mon fall - I'm ready!


Tasting: Our VECC is on hold, as Carol has her house on the market, Mim was off to the east coast, I was dealing with a new kitty, and now Bev is going to Minnesota for almost a month.  We met for lunch today at F-D Grill and again, I felt it worthy of photos.  And it tastes wonderful!
I had tilapia and shrimp


Carol and Bev had catfish with the same sides


Mim had chicken with matchstick veggies instead of carrots


And I ordered a piece of key lime pie to share.  Carol, Mim and I each had a bite and Bev took the rest home to Husband Bill.  Since I quit eating sugar, they told me to post the photo and say, "And this is what I DIDN'T eat".


Time for Others:  Friend Katie Sue and I finished our next five card layouts.  FS51 through FS55.  FS52 was an anniversary, and we could use a layout of our choice.







The Pepper Report: He vacated his "apartment" in my closet. He moved to the "kitty" bathroom by the laundry with no incidents, but this morning I found that El Chapo was back at work.

  
This is an oversized potty box, and he dug out this much in one night - normal-size dust pan.


He's a typical male; he spends hours in the bathroom, sitting on the potty. And if anyone knows why he does this, please let me know.  I've never heard of a kitty who sits in his potty box.


His days are upside-down, at least for people.  They might be just perfect for kitties.  He sleeps all day and roams at night. He is getting more and more chummy, but doesn't want to be touched.  When I get close to him, he mews as if I'm coming to give him a beating. 

He joins me in the evening when I'm watching TV.  Friday evening he was by the coffee table and I was on the couch.  Pretty brave for him.

  
Sometimes he watches TV.


And he plays with the toy Cousin Tuxie gave him.  This is his play area in the family room.  I put one of his blankets in his old potty box, thinking he might want to bed down here instead of the one with kitty litter.  No dice.  He gets to eat in dinner in the family room - just like Aunt Patsy.



Tips:  If you're a cardmaker and use an embossing machine, think about getting a couple of folders which are frames.  You can whip up a card in no time, and if you make a supply to have on hand, you're more likely to make someone happy with a handmade card instead of one you purchased because you were rushed.





Tasting:  I finally got around to making an earthquake cake. There are many versions. The one I used, slightly modified, mentioned that some people had complained that it overflowed.  I had the same problem. Fortunately, I had been warned to put a baking sheet under the baking pan.


I'm going to make it again this week and put only 2/3 of the cake batter, as I felt it had too much cake part.  Also, I'll bake it on convect to elminate some of the browning.  If you'd like to try it, here's the recipe.  I think I should have made larger dollops of the cream cheese mixture, allowing the cake to bake around them.  We'll see.


Togs: I'm happy to report that I have no more brown pants, so we can move on to color.

Day 78


Day 79


Day 80


Day 81


Day 82


Day 83


Day 84



DON'T FORGET TO MAKE A WISH ON THE FULL MOON ON AUGUST 18 - IT'S THE STURGEON MOON OR THE GREEN CORN MOON OR THE GRAIN MOON.  TAKE YOUR PICK.

SAY A LITTLE PRAYER FOR PEPPER ON MONDAY - HE'S LOSING HIS MANHOOD.

KISS YOUR BABIES, HUG YOUR HONEY, AND CALL YOUR MOM.  SOMEDAY YOU WON'T HAVE ONE.


THANK YOU FOR SHARING MY LIFE


No comments:

Post a Comment