Sunday, January 9, 2022

What Happened?

Thoughts and Quotes: The problem with lethargy is that doing nothing validates the fear that nothing can be done.  Bill Crawford

I had such high hopes of getting a running start on 2022, with my goals all organized and my mind geared for success. I was off like a shot, and then I sat down and read four books since we last talked, and yesterday I watched three movies; one of them the four-hour Lawrence of Arabia. I've also watched several things I had recorded on my DVR plus a few old VHS tapes. What happened?

The weird weather? Christmas day we were running around without even a sweater. New Year's Eve the high was 68F and the low was 50F. New Year's Day the high was 55F, and the rain started, turning to snow around 10:00 p.m. 

Sunday I got up to this -


And by 5:30 p.m., it looked like this.


Then  a break until January 6, when I got up to this, which brought frigid temps and stuck around. Finally, the sun is trying to shine today.


The disappointment over the coats I ordered? Three fit, but three are too big.


I don't think that's it, because I was going to buy a red one and a navy one for niece Terri anyway after we tried these on for size. If they fit her, I'll just reorder in a smaller size for myself. And returns are free. The navy and red are alike, and I really like them. 


The coats came in zipper bags which will be great for travel packing, and when I took them to the garage and unzipped the side pocket to stuff them in, I found these. Have you ever seen fuzzy flip-flops? I don't know where I got these or when, but that tells me how long it has been since I used my largest suitcase. Maybe that's why I'm lethargic? I really miss traveling.


The disappointment because I didn't buy a new winter wreath? I really planned to get out and buy a new winter wreath this year because mine looks too much like Christmas, though it isn't.


The chipped polish on my nails? I gave myself a mani-pedi. That didn't help.


Maybe because I couldn't get out to buy groceries to cook what I had planned? All I accomplished was saving the black-eyed pea salad by making it into a soup. I put the leftover collards in with the salad, added some frozen rice from the freezer and some leftover corn from the fridge, some cut up ham, squeezed in the juice from the other lemon half, and added water and some of the failed rice mix which was too salty. It made a great soup, and was even freezable. Still have some.


Perhaps I've just been too scattered. When I went to change the wreath, I ended up organizing the top shelf of the closet.

When I watched a recorded Rick Steves episode about France, that led to watching a Classical Destinations episode about Ravel and Debussy, so I've printed a map of France to locate where they were born, and pulled out my books to read about them. 

Then I started searching YouTube to see which programs from Rick Steves and Rudy Maxa I can watch there and delete them from my DVR.

On the upside, I did take my vitamines every day and eat the rainbow. Sometimes it was very different, like my lettuce, carrot, and ripe olive salad.

So back to the goal list tomorrow and a resolve to do better. Tonight I'll check in with Jim Rohn, my favorite motivator. Did you know he's on YouTube? Just go there and search for Jim Rohn or Click Here. There are even audio programs so you can listen while you work. 

Admitting failure isn't easy, so maybe that will be my motivator this week. 

Travel: In the meantime, let's get back to China. 

Day 6, 7, 8; 4/1, 2, and 3: Due to the low water level, we missed a shore visit, and on Day 8, we were transferred to a hydrofoil. It was much smaller, and we were seated in rows, like on an airplane. 

This is how you do laundry on the Yangze.


We missed our tour of the city of Wanxian.




And this is how you board and leave a ship.


Our lunch on the hydrofoil. David and I ate only the bananas.


And this is the bathroom. Judging from the color of the water when you flush, I'm guessing that it's just pumped up from the river and then flushed back down.


We ended in Chongqing for the night. Views from my hotel room. A little scary, but quiet.




To be continued. . . . .


DO AS I SAY; NOT AS I DO

I'LL DO BETTER THIS WEEK

MIGHT EVEN EXERCISE MORE THAN ONCE

WEATHER IS LOOKING BETTER

MAYBE EVEN SOME SUN

THANK YOU FOR SHARING MY LIFE






















2 comments:

  1. Sometimes the best New Year's goals are the ones that you were working on last year.
    1. Go outside every single day even if it's only on to the front sidewalk and back in to the house Because it's cold outside.
    2. Continue working on losing weight to get to a healthy weight, but do it in a way that allows for opportunities to enjoy food and beverages and the company of others.
    3.Finish my read the Bible in one year program I started about two years ago.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Glad to see I'm not the only one who needs a do-over.

      Delete