Sunday, January 2, 2022

Happy 2022

Thoughts and Quotes: Wow! A brand new year - 365 days to realize our dreams, complete our goals, share with others, admire beauty, enjoy music, and become our best selves by learning and being and doing. 

Some thoughts on goals:

You'll never plough a field by turning it over in your mind. Irish Wisdom

And from my favorite motivational speaker, Jim Rohn: Discipline is the bridge between goals and accomplishment.

And from Will Durant, American author: Forget past mistakes. Forget failures. Forget everything except what you are going to do now and do it.

And - We are what we repeatedly do. Excellence, then, is not an act, but a habit.

Goals ready? Away we go!

One of my biggest challenges of the year: clearing my U-verse recorder and getting rid of some of these tapes and DVDs:


Of course, if there's an open door, a cat will go in.


The reason I love living here: It's only nine minutes - click HERE.

Thank you to Niece Leslie: Cute kitty salt and pepper shakers. Don't they remind you of the naughty Siamese in Lady and the Tramp?


Thrifting: My last time to shop in 2021.

Ready for spring and only $1


Cute little bon-bon (or whatever) dish - 50 cents


It was 30% off on anything you drink from, so she gave me the discount on the entire set. Six sets at $1.05 each. Aren't they sweet?


The perfect stress reliever: Click HERE - it's only 3-1/2 minutes. With my list of goals for 2022, I'll probably be watching this often.

Because of my Missouri roots, I have to eat black-eyed peas for the new year to insure good luck and collards to bring in money. The California influence from living there for years says I must eat rice for health. I switched it up this year.

Before: Black-eyed peas cooked with ham hocks and onion in chicken broth and collards cooked forever with ham, bacon, onion, sugar, and vinegar; steamed rice and baked sweet potatoes.


This year: Black-eyed pea salad, sweet potato waffle fries, steamed collards, rice pudding. Grilled ham instead of baked. The waffle fries came frozen; a few minutes in the air fryer.



Real whipped cream, not Cool Whip. I just finished re-reading My Life in France by Julia Child, and I'm sure she would be disappointed if I cheated.

The salad was a new recipe with an exotic viniagrette of orange juice, lemon juice, ground coriander, oil, garlic, salt and pepper, brown sugar pulsed in the blender, simmered on the stove, and then cooled. Not a keeper. I should have made Cowboy Caviar instead.

And if you've seen the movie Julie and Julia, you'll love the book I mentioned. I had read it in the past, but after seeing the movie, I enjoyed the second read more.


The New Year's Concert from Vienna: I searched my TV menu for the concert on PBS with no results. I finally discovered that you have to stream it, or do what I'm going to do and watch it on YouTube. You can skip to minute 13 if you don't want to watch the preparations. Click HERE. The flowers are lovely this year, and they included the Lipizzaner Stallions in the program. Of course, you'll have to put up with the ads.


Thank you: To everyone who reads my blog. Last week I had page views from every country listed below. And by the way, I almost nailed my December Bucket List. I did everything but go for a drive to see the Christmas lights; however, I did see lots of lights on my trip to the Ark Encounter.

United States

Japan

France

Canada

Russia

Germany

Indonesia

Moldova

Sweden

Ukraine

Netherlands

Portugal

Serbia

Vietnam

And I did complete my 2022 goals, in spread sheets galore no less. I'd share them with you, but you'd think I've lost my mind (maybe I have) or wonder why I don't get a real life. Anyway, most are boring, but I'll post anything I complete which is worthwhile sharing.

Temperature Shock: The temperatures for New Year's Eve were 68 high/50 low. I got up this morning to this -


Time Changes Goals (according to The Old Farmers Almanac

1947 goal - Lose (or gain) weight. 2022 goal - Lose weight. Gain weight? When's the last time you heard someone say that? I'm going on the EL-MM diet this year. Eat Less - Move More.

1947 - Stop drinking. Drink Less
2022 - No mention of drinking. We conquered it or we gave up. Which?

1947 - Be more religious; go to church more.
2022 - No mention of either.

1947 - Stop smoking; smoke less.
2022 - Stop smoking. Some things never change.

1947 - Take greater part in home life.
2022 - Spend more time with family. Glad we're still working on this.

1947 - Save more money.
2022 - Spend less, save more. And this.

1947 - Take better care of my health.
2022 - Stay fit and healthy. And this.

Our 2022 goals have a more positive feel, but also more self-centered.

1947 - Improve my disposition, be more understanding, control my temper.
           Improve my character, live a better life.
           Be more efficient, do a better job.

2022 - Enjoy life to the fullest.
           Learn something exciting.
           Help others fulfill their dreams.
           Fall in love.


FINISH YOUR GOAL LIST

STAY POSITIVE THIS YEAR

STAY WITHIN YOUR BUDGET

BUY A NEW COAT OR TWO - IT'S FUN

PUT A SMILE ON YOUR FACE

AND A SONG IN YOUR HEART

AWAY WE GO!

THANK YOU FOR SHARING MY LIFE











No comments:

Post a Comment