Sunday, January 27, 2019

1-27-2019 Oops!

Thoughts and Quotes: Wisely and slow; they stumble that run fast.
                                                           William Shakespeare

That's for sure. I told you the full moon last week was the Snow Moon. Not so, it was the Wolf Moon. Snow Moon coming up in February.


Tasting: As I've told you, I always honor my relatives who have gone before me, and this week was my Auntie Kack's birthday. I always eat quiche, because she loved it so much. I had a piecrust I needed to use, so I thought I'd do something different, and I cut rounds and put them in a muffin tin. I wanted to give them a quick bake before the filling went in, and they slipped down so much, no room. 

Oh, well. I put a dab of butter in each one and back in the oven for a minute to melt. Then I gave them a good shake of cinnamon sugar, and voila! Tea time treats.


Then I remembered I have a recipe for crustless quiche. I've made it different ways; whatever is on hand. This time I used some leftover sauteed mushrooms, a chopped up Andouille sausage, and some sliced pimiento-stuffed olives in place of the bacon; used cheddar cheese.


CRUSTLESS QUICHE

1 cup (4 oz) shredded cheese of your choice
6 slices bacon, cooked and crumbled
4 eggs
1/2 cup chopped onion
1/2 cup flour
1 Tbs butter, cut in pieces if cold
1/2 tsp salt
1/4 tsp pepper
1-1/2 cups milk

Heat oven to 350°.

Butter a 10” pie pan or quiche pan.

Sprinkle cheese and bacon over bottom of pan.

Put remaining ingredients in a blender; mix and pour over.

Bake 35 minutes.


Let stand 3-4 minutes before serving.



The Pepper and Pals Report: Stormy loves Mondays when we strip the bed to change the sheets. She's such a big help.



Tales: Not about books, but libraries. Lenexa Linda told me about this website. It only takes a couple of minutes, and even if you're a non-reader, I guarantee you'll smile after seeing it. Click HERE.

Too Busy for Blogging: Actually, I'm busy because of blogging. My daughter told me she was checking the drop down menus above for my recipe for Galopita and it wasn't there. I was sure I had posted it, so I'm in the process of rechecking every post to make sure the recipes are on the drop downs and that they work. Lots of problems. I've finished 2017 and 2018, but need to recheck 2016, because I think I might have "fixed" some before I figured out exactly how to fix them, if you know what I mean.

I signed up for the beginning blogger online class again to see if I could figure out why the lists are all nice and neat (same typestyle, same color, underlined) on my end, but when I go to the blog to view them, they're all over the place. I guess the important part is to get them to work regardless of how they look, right?

I'm also trying to find out why I get an error message when trying to set up the place to enter your email so you'll be notified of new blog posts.

The lessons have a discussion area, but when I asked the teacher about my problems, he said he didn't know and didn't have time to look into it. He said that my drop down problem might be a CSS conflict. What's a CSS? Anyone know?

The war isn't over. My next step is to go to the computer center at the Springfield library to see if I can get some help. Stay tuned.

I'll try to make my post more exciting next week. Feeling creative and the kitchen is calling.

The Big Question: Who has my lime-green Igloo cooler?

Take Time for Fun: Let's do National Days again this week. 

Monday, January 28 - Blueberry Pancake Day - yum!

Tuesday, January 29 - Your choice: Work a puzzle, plan a vacation, or eat corn chips

Wednesday, January 30 - Croissant Day - goody!

Thursday, January 31 - Inspire Your Heart With Art Day

Friday, February 1 - Wear Red or *Baked Alaska Day (how about both?)

Saturday, February 2 - Groundhog Day, or course, but also Tater Tot Day

Sunday, February 3 - Carrot Cake Day (a pain to make, but Walmart's isn't bad)

*Baked Alaska is really easy to make. Go to Desserts, Other on the drop downs above for the recipe. 

PRAY THE GROUNDHOG WON'T SEE HIS SHADOW

TRY TO GET SOME SUN

CALL A FRIEND OR RELATIVE

HONOR AT LEAST ONE OF THE NATIONAL DAYS - HAVE SOME FUN

INVITE SOMEONE TO TEA

THANK YOU FOR SHARING MY LIFE






5 comments:

  1. Really enjoyed seeing all the libraries, fun! After reading about blueberry pancake day, croissant day, and carrot cake day, I'm a bit hungry. Hope you have a wonderful week!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Then imagine how I feel looking at all the recipes I've posted. Kept running to the kitchen for snacks.

      Delete
  2. I am a fan of carrot cake so will include it in an afternoon tea and toast you with tea.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Bless you, My Dear. Wish I could be there to share it.

      I used to complain because my brother Sonny always wanted carrot cake for his birthday, and I think it's a pain to make. Sonny is the brother who was killed in an auto accident in 2016. If I could have him back, I'd make him a carrot cake every single day if he wanted it. A lesson I learned the hard way. Do what you can for others while you still have others to do things for.

      Delete
  3. Hello Dearest!
    Love your inventive treats. ;) And I love quiche in any form (as long as there are no mushrooms. Actually one of my absolute favorite quiches is at Barnes and Noble bookstore. I think it's sundried tomato and artichoke - it's just really yummy and really yummy crust.

    How frustrating that they don't help you with the blogging questions. hope you find much better luck with the library.

    Working to stay warm. Kiddos had no school today, none tomorrow and probably going to get at least 1/2 day off thursday. It is crazy cold - even for us northern girls. Bbrrr! Send some warmth. Hugs to you and love to kitties too. xoxo

    ReplyDelete