Sunday, June 24, 2018

Week 131, 6-24-2018

Still playing catch up - bear with me. I'm still working in my very neglected yard, with a lot still to do, but I'm getting there. We'll get back to fun stuff later. I don't want to get run out of the neighborhood.

I can't even give you an update on the kitties. BJ had only two kittens with her this morning, but we were having thunderstorms with lots of thunder and heavy downpours. 

This evening she brought only one to dinner. I have no idea where they are. Maybe they'll all come in the morning when things dry out a bit. 

Tomorrow I take Pepper and Stormy for their rabies shots. I'm so lucky that they're both due at the same time. One trip, but two carriers. They're not THAT fond of each other.

I did take time to go to dinner with Martha and Nancy this week, and if you have an Applebee's, try the fish and chips. Way yummy! Plenty of food. I'd already eaten most of one piece of fish (nice mild cod) when I took the photo. Even you Brits would like it.


And I'm stocked up on Indian and Thai simmering sauces my daughter told me to look for at Aldi. Beyond me, so I'll have fun experimenting. I didn't know where to start, so I just put them in alphabetical order, and I'll start at the beginning. If you're interested and have an Aldi nearby, check it out because most are "special buys" which means they don't have them all the time. Recipes and cooking instructions on the labels.



Other special buys right now. The White Balsamic Peach is great. I know the Poppyseed is wonderful because I've had it before.


Aldi stores are here


STAY COOL

THANK YOU FOR SHARING MY LIFE
(and for your patience while I regroup)


3 comments:

  1. Haven't been to Applebee's in quite a while but your fish and chips sure look good. Hope the little kittens are staying dry with all the storms. I think 2 carriers for one trip is probably a good idea ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those fish and chips really do look good. Thrilled to hear your book is in the library, congratulations.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey Dearest AP! Sorry life took over and I'm blogging behind this week. The usual. Lol

    Keep us posted on the kitties. Annie and I both LOVE the chicken wonton tacos at Applebee's (appetizer). And we have an Aldi's but haven't been there yet. Shame on me! I usually do our grocery store and Whole foods. I will get to Aldi's soon tho. Been meaning to forever.

    Have all your goodies but heading out of town. So will mail early next week. Finally! Have a wonderful weekend. We love ya! Xoxo

    ReplyDelete