Sunday, July 1, 2018

Week 132, July 1, 2018

Can you believe it? Half the year is gone already. Time to regroup and get busy. Time's marching on.

Tasting: I forgot about this casserole, which I made years ago. It's so easy and tastes like a cross between meatloaf and hearty Spanish rice.


SEVEN LAYER CASSEROLE

1 cup uncooked Minute Rice
1 cup frozen corn
1 onion, chopped
1 green pepper, chopped
1 8-oz can tomato sauce
1/2 can water
1 lb. 85-15 raw hamburger, crumbled
Salt and pepper
1 8-oz can tomato sauce
1/4 cup water
Grated Cheddar cheese

Heat oven to 350°.

Put ingredients in 2-1/2 quart round casserole in the order given.

Cover and bake 1 hour.

Note: If you don’t want any crunchiness at all, chop the onion and green pepper finely.



A not-much-going-on week. I took Pepper and Stormy for their rabies shots. Dr. Davis worked on Pepper's matted hair back by his bum while Emily held his head. He looks so much better. I can only get one swipe in at a time by sneaking up on him. 

These were BJ's kittens on 6-20


This is 6-25 (only 3)


And now she has only 2


I haven't seen them at all today due to the fireworks. This is not a safe place to raise kittens. Too many predators.

I managed to get some 4th of July cards made. This will probably be my last year.







Time to check your smoke alarms and if you have a red skillet, time to season it again.

We had hot and muggy weather this week, so I didn't accomplish as much in the yard as I wanted. I also had a stomach bug for a couple of days, so that didn't help. I got my fall trip completely planned, and then decided that being gone thirteen days would not be good right now, so have shortened it to seven. I'll still be able to knock three states off my bucket list, but had hoped for six. North Dakota is on the go list, however, and that's the last state I haven't visited. And I'm keeping current with my on-line class; six lessons down and six to go. I'm studying Travel Writing. Maybe I'll learn some things to make my travel journals more interesting - just in time for Nebraska-South Dakota-North Dakota this fall.

I've made a discovery this week - actually more of a reminder. The more I do, the more I do. So next week I'm going to get back to doing things which are blog-worthy, so look for a real post next week.

HAPPY 4TH OF JULY

STAY COOL

PLAN A TRIP OF YOUR OWN

EAT YOUR APPLES

AND GREENS

DRINK YOUR COFFEE AND TEA OR TEA

THANK YOU FOR SHARING MY LIFE


3 comments:

  1. Pretty cards! North Dakota is on my list of places I'd like to visit (specifically,Theodore Roosevelt National Park). It's cooled off quite a bit (for now) up here in KC. Hope you feel better and have a wonderful week!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello dearest Auntie P! ;)
    Poor kitties - I'm going to dream that the others got snatched by really nice folks to keep as pets. And sorry so hot for you and weren't feeling well. Hope you're feeling better now.

    Your Fall trip sounds great! I think the badlands are so pretty and unique. And Mt. Rushmore is really cool. Your package will be getting shipped tomorrow...but I'll let you know when it's officially on the way.

    Blessings Sweetie! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  3. What great treasures you found at the thrift store. my particular favourite was the teapot. A real feast for the eyes seeing all those amazing cakes, I wonder if they taste as good as they look?

    ReplyDelete