Tuesday, October 12, 2021

Excuses, Excuses

Thoughts and Quotes: I'm so glad I live in a world where there are Octobers.
                                                      Anne of Green Gables

A short post to stay in touch. I've been on the couch for three days with a bad cold, and I bent my fingernail all the way backwards on my pointer finger, ripping it off (the nail, not the finger) and exposing bare flesh. It hurts to type.

If you haven't read the latest blog post from Susan Branch, here's the link, and you can learn about Granny Chic. Click Here. 

Tales: Another book sale, but I bought only one book for myself, and one for Niece Terri, but lots of DVD's.

I've already read this - very interesting.


Terri's book for inspiration.


The DVD's. I've never watched Mr. Selfridge, but I usually like Britcoms.









The Pepper and Pals Report: They come and they go. I've haven't seen Beau for so long, that I doubt he'll be back. Freddie has been away for at least two weeks and Flower at least one week. They'll no doubt return. They go off to their vacation homes or to visit relatives, but show up sooner or later. Sweetie Face is here off and on. 

Three of BJ's litter of four have survived long enough that I think they're safe. Two little rebels and a Bitty BJ. One little rebel is almost twice the size of the other. Interesting.

Rebel, rebel, Baby, and BJ. Can't name the rebels until I know whether they're boys or girls.




Bitty BJ is very skittish, so she's probably female. I hope she won't be a slut like her mother.


Grandpa in the flowerpot and Baby on the bench.


Things of Interest: I went to Lowes on October 7, and it's already Christmas.



But you'll like this - in the parking lot at Lowes.


Things to Stock Because of Rising Inflation: You can tell a man made this list.

1. Food - Stock your freezers with meat and your pantry with non-perishables like rice, pasta, sugar, beans, canned goods, coffee, tea. Just watch the use by dates.

2. Water

3. Over-the-counter medicines - aspirin, ibuprofen, vitamins.

4. First aid items like band-aids, cotton balls, antibiotic cream.

5. Fuel sources, in case of emergencies - butane, propane, etc.

6. Tools

7. Clothing - I definitely can skip this one. 

8. Guns and ammo.

9. Batteries in all sizes.

10. Gold and silver.

I added:

11. Paper goods - paper towels, toilet paper, napkins, plastic bags.

12. Laundry products - detergent, dryer sheets, bleach.

13. Cleaning products - dishwasher soap, toilet bowl cleaner, oven cleaner.

14. Personal products - hair products, toothpaste, deodorant, shampoo.

15. Holiday products - greeting cards, gift bags, ribbon, tissue paper.

Thrifting: Not at a thrift store, but I went to Dollar Tree while everything is still one dollar.

Yes, I have some orange plates, but that little niggling itch told me to get them. So I did.


And these cute little trees.


I like them white, but they have batteries to change colors from red, green, blue, and purple.



The Update on my Bucket List: I haven't accomplished much - excuses, excuses.

Buy a pumpkin for your front porch.


Plant some bulbs for spring. Bought these so far. 


Treat yourself with a new tea. A new tea and an old mug. Tea is not bad. Almost has a sweet taste.


I added a couple of things.

Put your autumn wreath on your door.


Buy some Halloween candy - for yourself.


I haven't bought an autumn sweater yet, but I found this cozy throw at Aldi.


Didn't take an autumn drive yet - this is all the color I've seen so far.


No rant this week - it hurts my finger.

WORK ON YOUR BUCKET LIST

EAT YOUR GREENS

AN APPLE A DAY

STAY HYDRATED

EVEN THOUGH IT'S COOLER, USE SUNSCREEN

PRAY FOR OUR COUNTRY

THANK YOU FOR SHARING MY LIFE




















No comments:

Post a Comment