Sunday, December 16, 2018

12-16-2018 I'm Back, Beautiful People

Thoughts and Quotes: Great peace is found in little busy-ness. Chaucer

I find this to be true. I've been very busy this week and it made me very happy; maybe not peaceful, but happy. 

Thrifting: I know you like to see my thift store finds, so I'll start there in case you get bored before the end of this post.


Yes, as a matter of fact, I do have a place to use this. You'll have to wait and see. And it was only $1




I love necklaces $3



Especially vintage - $3. This one had a little metal tag which said "Judy Lee", so I Googled judy lee jewelry and found that she made lots of fun things; plus, I found that I got a bargain.


For my gold and white Christmas table. $2


75 cents


Nancy is bothered because I don't have a tree. Now I do.


Yes, I also have a reason for this. $1


It's missing a leaf, but I think Nancy (the master cake decorator) can fix it with fondant.


I promised myself that I will make a new wreath before next Christmas, so I need these. $1


These sweet little custard cups were only 25 cents each.


I can't seem to get enough holly. 50 cents each.


Each cup was 25 cents and each saucer was 25 cents.


You probably didn't notice that the Hurry Up Holly Theme Dinner cups and saucers were different. I'm working toward all the same.


Love this sweet dinner-sized plate for serving $1


This is a dinner plate also that I'll use for serving 25 cents


My splurge of the day $4. Now I have 3 sets of gold; one to go and I'll have one for each place or one for each corner of the table. Each set is different.


Couldn't remember if I had ivory - 25 cents each. And yes, I do. Two other sets but the round ones are smaller and one set is square.


Thank yous: To my Special Girls Up North for my snow theme care package.

Everything is snow, snowflakes, snowmen. So much fun.


This little wall hanging on canvas lights up. They even included the battery. So thoughtful.


This is also a wall decoration.


Some items for crafting.


Chocolate snowmen


Carrie's World Famous Candied Pecans in a snow-themed box.



An infinity scarf


Tissues


Kitchen towels


And a big cozy throw 


The kitties got presents, too. Toys, of course, and Stormy is already busy in her quest to dismantle everything in sight. You can see her photo bomber paw at the top.


And socks for me to wear so the kitties will know I love them (when they're good).


And thank you to Nancy for my darling new teapot.



I even have the perfect mug to drink the tea. It came in a prior care package from My Special Girls Up North.


Tasting: Nancy and I went to Cracker Barrel. Of course I had fried chicken.


And Nancy had the pot roast.


The fireplace was so cozy, and with a swag I've never seen before. Perfect with the rustic decor.


Some red to brighten it up, and the flag, of course.


And the Christmas tree at the other end.


Steg and I went to Waffle House (honest, we really did), and then to Hunt's Donuts in my search for a decent apple fritter. Oh, my! You've never seen such donuts.



















My apple fritter was a dinner-plate-sized disk of glazed apple-flavored dough. Most of it ended up in the trash. The hunt continues - but not at Hunts.


Tasting: I made Broccoli Cheese Soup from a recipe I had a long time ago. I don't know if it's good because I never eat Broccoli Cheese Soup. It makes about six servings, it's quick, it's acceptable, and I had everything on hand, so I made it.

QUICK BROCCOLI CHEESE SOUP

1 16-oz frozen chopped broccoli
1 small onion, minced
1 can cream of celery soup
1 can cream of chicken soup
2 soup cans whole milk
2 cups cubed Velveeta cheese
Salt and pepper

Cook broccoli according to directions on package.

Drain any extra water.

Mix balance of ingredients and add to broccoli in a large saucepan.

Heat on medium heat until cheese melts. Season to taste.



Tasting: I decided to do Muffin Tin Monday this week, so I went through my clipped recipes and chose Pineapple Muffins. When I input the recipe and saved "Pineapple Muffins", I found that I'd already made this recipe. I always mark them "no", "good", "excellent", etc. so I must have found this recipe in two places. Oh, well. They're good. Recipe is already in the drop-down at the top under "Bread".


Tasting (yes, more!): I read or saw on TV that when you see people being served Jello in the hospital, it's not because it's easy on the tummy or cheap and easy to fix. It actually has healing properties. So get out the molds and let's make Jello.

APPLE-GRAPE SALAD

1 6-oz. lemon Jello
3-1/2 cups apple juice
2 Tbs lemon juice
1/4 tsp salt
1-1/2 cups sliced green or purple grapes
3/4 cup sliced celery
Greens (optional)
Mayonnaise for garnish (optional)

Heat 2 cups of apple juice to boiling.

Pour over gelatin in a mixing bowl and stir until dissolved.

Add balance of apple juice, lemon juice, and salt.

Refrigerate about an hour to slightly thicken.

Stir in grapes and celery and pour into mold(s).

Refrigerate at least 3 more hours before serving.

Unmold on greens and garnish with mayonnaise and celery leaves, if desired.



Time for Goal Planning: Are you working on your goals for next year? You need time to think about them and add or remove goals so you'll be ready to start on January 1.

Here are some categories I use which might be helpful: Creative, Home, Learn, Social, Maintenance, Local, Travel, Acquire, Record. More on this next week.

And my Brother Bill and I came up with a list which might be useful. We decided that these are things you need to do to be one of the Beautiful People. Wow! I've got a long way to go.

Beautiful People
Are disciplined
Are generous
Are courteous
Are caring
Are honest
Are good listeners
Are responsible for their actions
Do not criticize
Do not swear
Stick to their budgets
Do not buy "wants"
Do not waste food
Continue studying
Travel
Attend classes, seminars and cultural events
Spend time in libraries
Visit museums
Attend used book sales
Build their personal libraries
Expand their vocabularies
Study grammar
Read - read - read
Have manicured nails
Are well groomed
Are well dressed
Have polished shoes
Lotion lavishly to prevent dry skin
Wear gloves to garden
Have good table manners
Remember birthdays and anniversaries
Send thank you cards
Answer RSVP's promptly
Return phone calls and emails promptly
Say "Please" and "Thank you"
Accept compliments graciously
Are prepared for unexpected guests
Are prompt
Spend time oudoors whenever possible
Are early to bed and early to rise
Have good posture
Take vitamins daily
Eat healthful foods
Drink plenty of water
Exercise 
Drink 2-4 cups/glasses of tea daily
Manage their weight
Check hearing, eyes, and teeth regularly
Have clean, uncluttered homes
Have clean, uncluttered cars
Have clean, uncluttered garages
Have attractive yards
Handle needed repairs and maintenance     promptly
Keep plants and fresh flowers in their homes
Perform daily chores early
Multi-task if watching TV
Consistently review and work on goals 
Attend motivational seminars
Use books, tapes, DVD's and CD's
Maintain a positive attitude at all times


CHOOSE AN ITEM FROM ABOVE TO WORK ON THIS WEEK

DON'T FORGET TO EAT YOUR GREENS


TRY TO GET SOME SUN FOR VITAMIN D

WORK ON YOUR CHRISTMAS LIST 

 THANK YOU FOR SHARING MY LIFE



No comments:

Post a Comment