Monday, December 25, 2017

Week 105, 12-24-2017

MERRY CHRISTMAS EVERYONE

BUSY, BUSY, BUSY, AND I KNOW YOU ARE AS WELL

CHECK BACK TUESDAY AFTERNOON


Thoughts and Quotes: We've got a long row to hoe.  My Grandma

I used to spend a week or two in the country with my grandparents during the summer. If we had a big job ahead of us, this is what my grandma always told me. Of course, it might be picking blackberries, making jam, blanching corn for the freezer, or who knows what. To me it was always fun, except when we prepared chickens for the freezer. The smell of scalded chicken feathers and raw chicken flesh as we plucked them and cut them up lingered in my nostrils (and my memory) for days. I couldn't eat chicken for weeks.

Anyway, I'm back and just as Grandma said, I've got a long row to hoe. I got sidetracked with kitties the last few months, but the past week I've worked on my goals for 2018, and that row gets longer each day. The books MUST BE finished. Priority One. Six more days and then it's DIG IN.

In the meantime, how about a little -

Tasting: I went to Hu Hot with friends on Thursday and only took photos of my plate, and one other plus the drinks. When another friend heard that we'd gone, she said that she hoped I'd post a lot about Hu Hot this week because she and her husband had been considering going there. So I promised to go back one day this week and tell all about it next week. In the meantime -
My plate


Friend's plate


Drinks - Sprite with half cherry/half raspberry 


Teaching and Learning: That's what my niece was doing with her niece on Sunday, and I was watching them with pride and delight in my heart. They're so good together and they both have so much energy I get tired just watching them. We had a wonderful day.

Nephew Ron met Brother Bill and me at Rib Crib for lunch and then we went over to Wonders of Wildlife, the new Bass Pro museum, and met Niece Sarah and Grandniece Raegan. My camera battery failed before we were finished with the Aquarium side, and we sort of hurried through because they were closing early and Ron had to drive back to Kansas City. So I'll share what I have with more to come, and you really must see it all in person. Truly a masterful undertaking. No wonder it took so long. I won't comment this time, but there will be more in the future (I have a season pass), but I will tell you that now I know what it feels like when you pet a stingray. Niece Sarah was right - it feels like Jello.

Okay, here goes with no comments this time, and I'll be back next week to catch up on other things. And yes, Pepper and Pals are all doing well, and Stormy even came out to visit yesterday when Bill, Sarah, and Will were here.

























































And then my camera battery ran out of power.

START PLANNING YOUR VISIT

LEAVE THE TREE UP UNTIL NEW YEAR'S DAY UNLESS IT'S REAL AND DRY

BUY YOUR BLACK-EYED PEAS EARLY BEFORE THEY'RE GONE

KEEP THE CHRISTMAS SPIRIT ALL YEAR

THANK YOU FOR SHARING MY LIFE




1 comment:

  1. Hey Sweetums! Thought I'd take a little time for myself today and pop in on a few blogs to catch up. Love seeing what you're up to as always. ;) That museum looks amazing! Can't wait to hear more in the future. HOpe life is getting more mellow in kitty world. Mine is still quite busy here in "kiddie world" Lol Have a wonderful and blessed New Year's Dearest! xoxo

    ReplyDelete