Sunday, November 19, 2017

Week 100, 11-19-2017

Week 100 - Wow! My big anniversary, and I've got nothing. I've had a bad cold this week, and all I accomplished was finishing my Thanksgiving cards, of which five are still to mail tomorrow, keeping my fingers crossed that they get there by Wednesday. They're all local, so they should, but with the mail performance in recent days, it's iffy.

I also finished the two birthday cards for this month, and they'll both be late.

I'm feeling like a loser. I was looking forward to showing you our Cooking Club photos for this month, but Barbara was sick as well. At least I didn't miss the lunch. We've decided to skip December and start fresh in January.

On an up-note, Midnight came home and reunited with her babies. They come to eat together sometimes, and sometimes separately. Sometimes one or two babies will come alone, sometimes Midnight comes alone. They're truly feeling their independence. I feel they're old enough for the trap to go out again.

And another happy note - I'm taking Veronica in for her shots tomorrow and then Nancy is going to be her new mother. Nancy is a friend of my neighbor and already has a little boy kitty named Pocket. She feels he needs company during the day because she works. Veronica is such a happy little girl, I'm sure she'll adjust quickly. I, on the other hand, will probably bawl my eyes out even though I know it's best for her. I'm too old to have young kitties who can outlive me when there's no one to take them after I'm gone.

I did manage to come up with my seven discards.


So sorry, but sometimes "the spirit is willing, but the flesh is weak". Tomorrow I must tell myself, "Chin up, shoulders back, forward march!".  

HAPPY THANKSGIVING EVERYONE

THANK YOU FOR SHARING MY LIFE

1 comment:

  1. Oh my Sweetheart!! If only you were closer. I would bring you some cold meds, lozenges, essential oils that could help, some good chicken soup, magazines and a soft fleece blankie to curl up in. Basically I would nurse you up my Patsy! Make sure you're getting lots of fluids. Take some extra vitamin C. Make sure you're getting lots of rest! And just take time you need to feel much better.

    And you're such a good kitty Mommy. Knowing when it's time to let go, just shows what a wonderful Mommy heart you have. It sounds like a great home for Veronica.

    Your Thanksgiving card did make it in the mail - even if I put it together rather quickly before our hockey weekend. Sending you lots of hot tea, chicken soup, fuzzy robe thoughts. Feel better Lovie!! xoxo

    ReplyDelete