Sunday, October 29, 2017

Week 97, 10-29-2017

Thoughts and Quotes: HAPPY HALLOWEEN and I'd like to share some cute quotes from quotegarden.com about this fast-growing celebration. I think it's gaining on Christmas.

I'll bet living in a nudist colony takes all the fun out of Halloween. ~Author unknown

A grandmother pretends she doesn't know who you are on Halloween. ~Erma Bombeck

When witches go riding, and black cats are seen, the moon laughs and whispers, 'tis near Halloween.  Author Unknown

I don't know that there are real ghosts and goblins, but there are always more trick-or-treaters than neighborhood kids. ~Robert Brault, rbrault.blogspot.com

If you'd like to see more, or if you ever need a quote, here's the website. Click HERE.

Tidbits: Don't forget to make a wish on the full moon next Saturday, November 4. Some call this the Beaver Moon and some call it the Frost Moon. It was called the Beaver Moon because way back when, this was the time to set your beaver traps to stock up on warm pelts for the winter. So happy this name and practice are outdated. 

Tidbits: As you know, I live in the southwest corner of Missouri. I get some really interesting information here; also some "just-for-fun" information. Check this out HERE. You can look up your state and subscribe if you like HERE.

Tidbits: Yes, I'm just full of them again this week, but you have to see this. Click on the arrow on the lower left to advance the slides. You'll be amazed at these statistics. Then when you get to the end, you'll find one of the most delightful pictures I've ever seen. It will make your heart sing. So clever and so cute. HERE.

I've had a very busy week. I took a neighbor to the Branson airport on Monday, and it was such a nice day, I spent some time shopping. Hey! It's her fault. I'm innocent. She told me to do it.

I loved my day, but now I had all these "acquisitions".

From Dollar Tree


From Bon Worth


From Tuesday Morning



From Goodwill - yes, two more books,and two NEW tablecloths for $4 each.


These little oil dishes were $2. I'll use them for individual condiment dishes. There are four and I already have four from a prior thrifting trip.


These little plates were only $1 for eight, but they're plastic. I swear you can't tell unless you pick them up. I think they're perfect for teabag rests.


So I added 19 items to Acquistions (sets count as one), plus my 7 for the week (which I had ready).


But I came up with nineteen more (you'll have to trust me on this as I didn't photo them individually). They're all ready to take to Jean on Wednesday for her church rummage sale.



See, there are lots of things in those boxes. The foot in the lower left stays; I need it to walk.


I also picked up some things for the library teas. Everything was half off, so 25 cents for each piece. These sweet cups and saucers were so inexpensive, I bought an extra set in case of breakage. I'm trying to find things which have some pink on them.



I also found these for 25 cents each - told you I would.


I'm collecting all these things for the new Nixa Library, and they might not even want to have teas.

Time for Others: I spent a good part of the week making Halloween cards. Do you think I need a craft room? This is what my dining room looked like. You can even see a table set up with paper in the entry, and a table in the walkway betwee the living room and dining room.


When it's supposed to look like this.


But I got them finished; the last eleven went out Friday, ten minutes before the last mail pickup at the post office. Here are some samples.

Card 1





Card 2




Card 3


Card 4



I wish I had time to make each one differently, but I wanted them to arrive for Halloween instead of Christmas.

And some of my talented card-making friends sent me these. Aren't they clever? The envelope from which the black spook emerges says "Do Not Open".



The Pepper and Pals report: I didn't talk about the kitties last week, and I heard about it. I felt a little like President Kennedy when he said, "I'd like to introduce myself. I'm the one who accompanied Jackie Kennedy to Paris".

Pepper's diahhrea has gone, but he scratched his eye raw again, so he's back in his collar. I put a panty liner inside to soften the fasteners so they won't irritate his neck. He thinks it's adding insult to injury. I took him for his feline distemper shot Friday.


Stormy still wants to go outside, so I let her. I have to remember she was supposed to be a feral cat when I got her home. I want her to stay inside when it's cold, but she's like quick-silver and slips out sometimes when I'd rather she stayed in. She stayed out last night, even though it was cold, so this morning when she came home, she ate and went right to bed in the guest room.


I brought Veronica home from the vet and at first she was a little nervous. She didn't want to come out of the carrier, so I "dumped" her out on the outdoor patio. She immediately followed me back into the screened-in patio and used the potty box. She got used to that indoor plumbing at the vet. She also got used to being cuddled and petted, and now she wants to spend her waking hours on my lap. She purrs so loud it sounds like a motoboat, she sits on my lap and gives herself a bath, and then she gives me a bath and nibbles on my fingers. She's the sweetest, softest, lovingest little kitty I've ever known. Here she is just waking from a nap in Pepper's chair, and looking sleepy. She definitely needs a family, so I'm going over to Petco tomorrow to see about their adoption plan. 


I had a real surprise last week. Midnight disappeared for a couple of months, and just recently started coming to eat again. On Wednesday it was sunny and warm, and she showed up with three babies. They're already old enough to eat wet and dry food. One gray tuxedo kitty and two black tuxedo kitties. So adorable, but so skittish, I couldn't even get a decent photo out the window. I haven't seen them since.



Midnight, BJ, and Hercules (the neighbor's kitty), continue to show up for breakfast and dinner.

Needless to say, I haven't worked on my books at all, nor have I even opened my on-line class which started on the 19th. I need to move faster this week.

HAPPY HALLOWEEN

EAT YOUR GREENS

DON'T FORGET ABOUT THE FULL MOON

EAT AN APPLE A DAY

DRINK LOTS OF WATER

AND TEA

DON'T EAT TOO MUCH CHOCOLATE

KISS YOUR HONEY

THANK YOU FOR SHARING MY LIFE




2 comments:

  1. I am always in awe of your Thrift shop finds and indeed their prices. I love all your Halloween cards both sent and received, very talented card makers. The slideshow really did make my heart sing with its beauty but I must admit to be taken aback with the statistics. Have a great week and thank you for your visits and lovely comments.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello Beautiful! Love all of your goodies you found - and thanks again for our goodies!! ;) Loved your card ...and seeing the others you got. One of these days I'll get back on that bandwagon too. Lol

    You are the kitty whisperer! God bless ya for all you do for those sweet felines. Having fun working on our box for you. ;) Stay tuned. Have a blessed weekend Dearest. Love to you & all your furry family too. Xoxo

    ReplyDelete