Sunday, May 21, 2017

Week 74, 5-21-2017

Thoughts and Quotes: Create with Joy, Live with Passion.

I saw this on a blog header when I was browsing. I love it. It could be a motto. Maybe I've been living with too much passion and recording it, because my disk is full. Of course, it happened on Sunday, my blog day. It's like getting a letter from the IRS which says to contact them with questions and no info. You find the letter in your mailbox on Friday after work and you can't call until Monday, so you think about it all weekend. I'll call my hero (Ben) first thing tomorrow to see where we go from here.

I can post what I've saved, but I can't import the other photos from my camera. Short post today.

Tablescapes: The June tablescapes are finished and the photos saved, so here goes.

Butterflies





Pretty in Pink





Maroon




Seashells





As I've explained in the past, my tablescapes are everyday tablescapes. You can actually use them to serve a meal and most everything on the table came from yard sales, thrift stores, on-line sales, etc. And once the word got around that I was doing tables, many of the things I use are gifts; wonderful gifts, which remind me of the thoughtfulness of the donors each I use them.

That said, I enjoy the tablescapes which are works of art as well. Many of them cost lots of money, and a lot of them would be impractical for serving an actual meal, but they're lots of fun to see, so I have a link you might enjoy. Each Thursday, there's a Linky Party of tablescapes and you can find them HERE. After you look at the nautical table, you'll find a group of photos at the end. Click on each one and it will take you to another tablescape on another tab.

I was all set to boast about how I celebrated the national days from last week, but that will have to wait, as the photos are still in my camera. Let's take a look at next week.

Monday - National Buy a Musical Instrument Day or National Maritime Day. As I have no use for a musical instrument and I don't have a boat, I'll choose the third option - National Vanilla Pudding Day.

Tuesday - National Taffy Day or Lucky Penny Day. Hmmmmm! Guess I'll have to find a candy store if I can't find a penny.

Wednesday - Several options. You can either go on a scavenger hunt, eat escargot, or celebrate your brother(s).

Thursday - Again many choices. You can brown bag your lunch, tap dance, drink wine, or a choice I don't understand - National Towel Day. Do I buy new towels or what? 

Friday - Blueberry Cheesecake or Don't Fry Day. Take your choice or do both.

Saturday - It's Grape Popsicles or Cellophane Tape. Are there really grape popsicles? Guess I'll opt for the cellophane tape and make cards.

Sunday - Brisket Day or Hamburger Day. Either is fine with me.

EAT YOUR APPLES

TAKE SOME WALKS OR BIKE RIDES

READ A BOOK

HUG YOUR FRIENDS, FAMILY, PETS

GO ON A PICNIC

BUY MEMORIAL DAY FLOWERS

THANK YOU FOR SHARING MY LIFE







  

5 comments:

  1. Beautiful table settings and I love that they are used. The seashells are my favorite. Yes, they make grape popsicles and yuck (the general opinion around here as they are always left along with the orange ones until the end).

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree. I like the seashell table, too. As a matter of fact, I love anything beachy or nautical. Doesn't make sense really, because I only want to look at the ocean. I can't swim and I don't want to float around on it. Don't like cruising unless it's the best way to explore a certain destination. When I finish the book, there will be explanations of where I got the items. For instance, the big brown seashells in the middle came from a drugstore in Mississippi. Who knew you could find table decor at drugstores? I went there with a friend I was visiting to pick up her prescription.

      More "ocean" tablescapes coming up.

      Delete
  2. Hi Sweetie!

    Sorry about your "glitches" - but love anything you ever share. ;) I love all of the tablescapes but the butterfly one has me captivated!! So pretty and summery. And you are just my thrifting hero!!

    I'll be emailing you an update on things this week. Stay tuned. Lol

    Have a blessed week Dearest - hugs & kisses to you! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hello Patsy, I am sorry about the technical issues. Everything in your photos is beautiful and heartwarming, and I especially love the red and white tablescape!!! I hope you had a great week, and Happy weekend to you. Thank you so much for all you share, I love your posts.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. All is well with my computer again. Thank you for your kind comments. Will be a short post again. Working on the yard. Update coming.

      Delete