Sunday, December 30, 2018

12-30-2018 New Year Goals

Thoughts and Quotes: Yes, I know you've seen it before, but it's perfect for the New Year.

This is the year that your dreams come true!
This is the year that your ship comes in;
This is the year you find Christ within.
This is the year you are glad to live;
This is the year you have much to give.
This is the year when you know the Truth;
This is the year when you find new youth.
This is the year that brings happiness;
This is the year you will live to bless.
Wonderful, wonderful, fortunate you,
This is the year that your dreams come true!
                                             Russell A. Kemp 

So, okay guys. We've got 365 days to do wonderful things. We can look back at the end of 2019 and say, "Wow! Look what I did!" or we can look back and say "Shoulda, woulda, coulda, but didn't." 

We can do it, but first we need a plan. Plans start with dreams, which we put on paper as goals, which we pursue with all our energy, which become reality, and then we can truly say, "Wow! I did it!"

If you're new to this, start out with realistic goals; but don't make your goals so easy that you needn't stretch yourself. Make your goals so wonderful that you'll want to jump out of bed each day to pursue their completion.

I promised you some tips on where to start, so here we go - the way I do it.

First, a topic, then specifics. Your topics might be different from mine, and for sure, your specifics will be different.

My topics and some specifics, to use as examples:

Creative: Finish the !@#$%^&* books I have started.

Home: Take photos for insurance purposes.
             New curtains in the office.

Learn: How to use my new camera.
            Read 50 books.

Social: Blog post weekly.
             Celebrate angel birthdays (these are the relatives who have passed)

Local: Crystal Bridges Art Museum, Laura Ingalls Wilder Home, Baker Seeds

Travel: KS-NE-SD-ND; Iowa, Oklahoma

Yard and Garden: Flowers in pots on the patio
                               Plant veggies and herbs

Acquire: Mouse pad (this is an annual goal, as I wear one out each year)
                Black sweater (still looking)
                Glasses (still have the ones with the glued frames in my nightstand)

Record: Daily journal
               Daily photo

No More Excuses: Follow budget
                                Follow health plan
                                Clean up computer files

Maintenance: See list (I keep a running list of things I can't do and hire someone to help)

This is just a partial list. I have lots more goals, some carried over from last year.

My last hoorah for buying, as I've resolved to quit adding to all my "stuff". I saw these on the Teacups and Cupcakes page and just had to have some. Click HERE.

And my last item for cards except, cardstock, envelopes, tape, and glue. Click HERE.

And my last CD (recommended for afternoon tea). Click HERE.

The week has been uneventful, so I'll leave you to think about the above, and a promise to do better in 2019.

HAPPY NEW YEAR

TIME TO CHANGE THE SMOKE ALARM BATTERY

GREEN GOALS: SAVE YOUR MONEY; EAT LOTS OF LEAFY VEGGIES; PLANT A GARDEN

INCLUDE PLENTY OF WATER IN YOUR HEALTH PLAN; AND COFFEE, AND TEA.

START PLANNING A GREAT VACATION FOR NEXT YEAR

THANK YOU FOR SHARING MY LIFE








1 comment:

  1. Just starting to ponder new year goals but a healthy eating plan is top of the list. Best wishes for the New Year.

    ReplyDelete